Date: 2nd June, 2020
Dear All Stakeholders,
We are pleased to officially announce that SATHAPANA Limited has been accepted as a Signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a global network of over 9,500 companies and 3,000 non-business participants that are committed to building a sustainable future.
Today SATHAPANA Limited, as Microfinance market leader, has taken an important step in a sustainable journey and help to create the world that we all want. SATHAPANA Limited has joined thousand of businesses around the world in committing to UN Global 10 principles in the areas of Human Right, Labour, Environment, and Anti-corruption.
1. SATHAPANA shall support and Respect the Protection of Proclaimed human rights; and
2. SATHAPANA shall not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. SATHAPANA shall uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. SATHAPANA shall uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
5. SATHAPANA shall uphold the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. SATHAPANA shall uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. SATHAPANA shall support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. SATHAPANA shall undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. SATHAPANA shall encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. SATHAPANA shall work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
The above ten principles have been practicing since SATHAPANA started its business operations in Myanmar. We are very proud to be a member of UN Global Compact and here again reaffirm our commitment that the ten principles shall always be practiced and incorporated into our corporate governance, management, business strategy and day-to-day business activities, and decision making at all level.
As the participant of the world largest corporate sustainability initiative, SATHAPANA is pleased to send message to shareholders, board of directors, regulators, creditors, business partners, customers, staff and public that Principles and Profit can go hand-in-hand.
Director & CEO